Create a web part page or wiki page in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to create a web part page or wiki page in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online.
Web part pages are the building blocks of SharePoint. We can add web parts to a web part page. By using web parts, you can modify the content, appearance, and behavior of pages of a SharePoint site by using a browser. Web parts are server-side controls that run inside a web part page.
Create web part page or wiki page in SharePoint
Let us now discuss, how to create a web part page in SharePoint. In SharePoint 2013/2016/Online, it is very much simple to create web part pages. It is different to create a web part page in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
From the browser, we can create a web part or a wiki page in SharePoint.
Open your SharePoint site and in the home page, Edit the page first. From the Ribbon click on “PAGE” tab and then click on “View All Pages“. This will open the Site Pages gallery in SharePoint.
You can also directly go to the “Site Pages” gallery directly from the Site Contents link. This will open the SharePoint Site Pages library.
Then click on the FILES tab in the Ribbon, then New -> New Document -> Then select the page you want to create like Wiki Page or Web Part Page as shown in the fig below:
Then in the New Web Part Page, give a Name and then choose the layout template and then choose the document library where you wants to Save and click on Create.
Once you will click on Create, you can see the web part page will get created in SharePoint.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- How to Embed Facebook Page into SharePoint Online Modern Site Page
- Change welcome page in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- SharePoint Online: Cannot create a site page. please have your administrator enable the required feature on this site
- Creating modern pages and make it as home page in SharePoint Online
- Creating a site page for enabling Modern UI experience in Office 365 SharePoint Online
- How to add closed web parts on a page in SharePoint 2013?
- SharePoint 2013 Redirect user to custom PageNotFoundError page
- Customize access denied page in SharePoint 2013
- Create a custom master page using Design Manager in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
This SharePoint tutorial we discussed how to create a web part or wiki page in SharePoint.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.