In this post, we will discuss how to create a user profile synchronization connection in SharePoint 2013
To create user profile synchronization, follow the below steps.
1. Go to Central Admin -> Manage Service Application -> now click on User Profile Service Application.
2. Now you are on the Manage user profile service application page.
3. Here under synchronization choose “configure synchronization connections”.
4. Then click on “Create new connection”.
5. Here you have to provide the connection name, domain name, account id & password and you have to populate the container for your desired user profile service.
6. Then click on OK.
7. Now come to User Profile Service Application page -> Click on Synchronization Timer job and set the intervals and then OK.
8. Now again go back to the User Profile Service Application and click on “start profile synchronization”. Here you have to choose Full synch as this is the 1st time.
9. Now your connection is created and you will get the “profile synchronization status”.
10. Click on the “Synchronizing” to get the status.
11. Now your connection is created.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)