This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to enable create site page option in SharePoint Online modern sites. We will also see, how to enable modern UI experience in Office 365 SharePoint Online document libraries.
Recently we wanted to create a site page in Office 365 SharePoint online site to use Microsoft’s new Modern UI features. But when we open the new team site collection, we could not see an option to create a new Site Page in Site Pages library (where we can use the modern UI feature). We can only see Wiki Page, Web Part Page and Link like below:
Also, we can not see the Site Pages document library in Site Contents in SharePoint Online sites.
Create site page option missing in SharePoint
Here we wanted to have the Site Pages document library and also wanted to enable the New experience of the document library.
So first we need to activate the below site features. For this Open the SharePoint site settings page and then click on manage site features and then you can see below two features, activate these two features.
- Site Pages
- Wiki Page Home Page
Next is we need to make sure to enable morden UI features for site pages to document library. For this Open the document library and then go to Library settings-> Advanced settings.
And then go to List experience and choose the radio button (New experience) like below:
Once all the things are set close the browser and refresh. Next time you will open Site Pages, you suppose to get Site Page option as shown below.
Sometimes, after doing all these also, I can not see the Create site pages option. So we have to enable the site page option in SharePoint Online admin center.
Open SharePoint Online admin center and go to the settings page. If you are using modern SharePoint Online admin center, then you can also directly access the Settings page from the below URL:
Then you will see an option as Site Pages. Here make sure Allow users to create Site Pages option is enabled.
If not enabled, enable it and it will take 3/4 hours to reflect.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- How to Embed Facebook Page into SharePoint Online Modern Site Page
- Add JSLink in Task List View in SharePoint Online
- How to hide Notebook and Site contents from quick launch in SharePoint Online
- Change column ordering in list forms in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Change welcome page in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- How to embed google maps in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Add Google ReCaptcha in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016/2019 (Step by Step tutorial)
- Left Navigation or Quick Launch Customization or Branding using CSS in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Change default list view style using CSS in SharePoint Online/2016/2013
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to solve error create site page option missing in SharePoint Online modern sites. We saw how to enable create site page option in SharePoint Online modern site.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)