This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to create site column in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
The Site Column in SharePoint helps you by providing a reusable column within your site and subsites. Once you create a site column at our top-level site, we can use that site column in the subsites as well in SharePoint.
Create site column in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
Now, we will see how to create site column in sharepoint 2013 or create site column in sharepoint online.
Follow below step to create a site column in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
Ste-1: Open your SharePoint site -> Site settings
Step-2: Under Web Designer Galleries section -> Click on Site Columns
Step-3: Click on Create button to create a new site column.
Step-4: There are many out of box site column which is provided by Microsoft.
Step-5: Once you click on Create, you can redirect to next page for creating the columns in SharePoint. Please enter the column name and set the datatype.
Add Site Columns to SharePoint List
Step-1: Create or open your existing List in SharePoint -> Go to the List Settings
Step-2: Next, Click on Add from Existing Site Columns.
Step-3: Select Custom columns in the drop down list.
Step-4: Select your column and click Add
Step-5: Then Click on OK button and Once you click on OK, you will redirect to view page.
You may like following SharePoint site column tutorials:
- How to create choice type site column and add mapping inside SharePoint hosted add-in in SharePoint 2013 Online?
- SharePoint 2013 Create Site Column and Content Types Using PowerShell
- Add site columns to existing SharePoint online lists using .Net managed object model code
- Steps to create Site column using Visual Studio 2013 in SharePoint 2013
- Create Site Columns programmatically in SharePoint 2016/2013 using Server Object Model in Visual Studio 2017
- SharePoint Hosted App or Add-in Example: Create Site Column, Content type, and List in SharePoint Online using Visual Studio 2017
I hope this SharePoint tutorial helps to learn how to create site column in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online. We also saw how we can add existing site columns to a SharePoint Online list.
Rajkiran is currently working as a SharePoint Consultant in India . Rajkiran having 7+ years of experience in Microsoft Technologies such as SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/2010, MOSS 2007,WSS 3.0, Migration, Asp.Net, C#.Net, Sql Server, Ajax, jQuery etc.He is C#Corner MVP (2 Times).
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.