This SharePoint Online tutorial explains, how to create a search result page in SharePoint online Office 365. Then will discuss how can we add that search result page to SharePoint Online search center. All these things we can be able to do without using any code or any tool or not even using SharePoint 2013 designer.
Create Custom Search Result Page in SharePoint Online
Now we will first create a custom search result page in SharePoint Online Office 365 site collection.
By default when you want to search for something in the search center then there will be 4 tabs will come as:
You can check the SharePoint search result page looks like below:
Now we will be able to put our own custom search result page to SharePoint search result page.
Open your SharePoint Search Center site and then click on the settings icon and then go to Site Content. Then open the Pages document library. Then add a new page by clicking on the +new icon and then choose the Welcome Page content type.
This will open the add new page, You can give the Title, Description, URL like below:
Make sure to check in and publish the page, so that the page will be available to everyone.
Add Custom Search Result Page to SharePoint Search Center
Now we will see how can we add a custom search result to SharePoint Online Search result page. Open SharePoint Online search center page, go to the search center settings page. Then in the Site Settings page, click on Search Settings under Search tab. This will open the Search Settings page.
Go to the Configure Search Navigation section and click on Add Link to add the page that you have created earlier. Then in the Navigation dialog box, you can give a Title, and then browse to the page. Then click on OK.
Now go to the main search page and then search for something. You will able to see another tab to the search result like below:
You may like following SharePoint 2013 search tutorials:
- Documents are not showing up in Search Results in SharePoint 2013
- How to customize search results look by using result types and display templates in SharePoint Online and SharePoint 2016/2013?
- Disable list or libraries to appear in search result SharePoint Online Office 365
- Draft items not appearing in search results in SharePoint 2013
- Prevent Site Content to appear in SharePoint 2013 search results
- Steps to create a result source and use custom result source in content search web part in SharePoint online
- SharePoint 2013 Find an Item search box does not return results
- How to define Search scopes in SharePoint 2013 Using Result Sources?
But the result will come same as whatever coming in the Everything page. In order to have a different result, you need to create a new result source.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.