This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to create a custom list using SharePoint 2016 using SharePoint designer 2013. We can create a various list using the browser, SharePoint designer or visual studio 2015, etc.
In SharePoint 2016 there is no newer version of SharePoint designer, so we can use SharePoint designer 2013 to connect to SharePoint 2016.
Create a SharePoint 2016 List using SharePoint Designer 2013
Open your SharePoint 2016 site using SharePoint designer 2013 and then from Ribbon click on the SharePoint List button and then choose a Custom List template. Because we are going to create a list using a custom list template. It should look like below:
Then in the Create list or document library to your site page, give a name and description like below:
Once the list created successfully it will open the List page where you can manage few things like:
- List Information: In this section, you will be able to see the name, description, address, List GUID, items count, etc.
- Customization: In this section, you can edit the list columns and permissions for this also.
- Settings: Few settings will appear like: hide from the browser, display this list in quick launch, etc.
- Views: You can see the views presented in the list, by default only All Items views will be shown and also you can create views from there.
- Forms: You can see the forms used in this list like display form, new form and edit form.
- Workflows: You can see the workflows associated with this list. Also, you can create new workflows.
Now we will try to add columns to the list, From the Customization section click on Edit list columns link as shown in the fig below:
By default, one column appears for the list which appears is “Title” column and You can rename it by right click on the column name.
Then from the ribbon, click on Add New Column and then select the data type. Here we select Single Line of Text like below:
Similarly, we can add one more column as choice type. And to add choice option you can put like below, one option in one line.
Similarly, create another filed which will of Multi Lines of Text. Then if you want to enable Rich text then from the Column Editor windows select the checkbox “Enhanced Rich Text (Rich text with pictures, tables, and hyperlinks)”.
After this save the list and you can see the list got created and all the columns also have been added. You can see the changes by visiting the list in the browser.
You may like following SharePoint designer 2013 tutorials:
- SharePoint designer workflow examples Create workflow using SharePoint designer 2013 video tutorial
- The document library view cannot be displayed for this web site error in SharePoint Designer 2013
- How to Clear Your SharePoint Designer 2013 or SharePoint 2010 Cache?
- Change width of list view column in SharePoint 2013 using SharePoint designer 2013
- How to check site collection size SharePoint 2013/2016 using PowerShell and SharePoint Designer 2013
- the server could not complete your request SharePoint designer 2013
- Customize SharePoint 2013 list form using SharePoint designer 2013
- Dictionary actions example in SharePoint Designer 2013
- Steps to create deploy and Associate reusable workflow using SharePoint designer 2013
Hope this article will be helpful to create a SharePoint 2016 custom list using SharePoint designer 2013.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Tutorials: