Create reusable workflow in SharePoint designer 2010 step by step
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint 2010 workflow tutorial explains, how to create a reusable workflow in sharepoint designer 2010 step by step.
Create reusable workflow in SharePoint designer 2010
Follow the below steps to create a reusable workflow in SharePoint designer 2010 in SharePoint 2010:
Open the SharePoint 2010 site in SharePoint designer 2010. Then from the Site Objects on the left side click on Workflow. Then from the Ribbon Select Reusable Workflow as shown in the figure below:
Then in the Create Reusable Workflow dialog, give a name of the workflow, give a description of the workflow. And then click Ok as shown in the figure below:
Then chose an Action “Start Approval Process” from the Task Actions like below:
This will create an Action below:
You can click on these users and there in the Select Task Process Participants dialog box you can select the participants. Here no need to modify any other things. Then click on Ok and again click on “Approval” link in the Action as shown in the figure below:
Here check the Customization links. From the list of links click on “Change the behavior of a single task”. as shown in the figure below:
This will open the Task Behaviours of the workflow. There If you want to send an email when a task is created then you can go to the When a Task is Pending section, and in the first, If Current Task: External Participant is empty then Email task notification to Current Task: Assigned To. check the figure below:
Similarly, if you want to send an email after Approver or Approve or Reject, then you can go to the “When a Task Completes”. There If Current Task: Outcome equals Approved, then you can one Action to send an Email as shown in the fig below:
After that, you can save the workflow and publish the workflow to the SharePoint server.
You may like following SharePoint workflow tutorials:
- Tutorial on Create SharePoint 2010 designer workflow
- Attach workflow to the content type in SharePoint 2010
- Apply HTML to email template in SharePoint 2010 designer workflow
- Change due date for Task list in SharePoint designer 2010 workflow
- Impersonation step in SharePoint 2010 designer workflow
- Difference between SharePoint designer and Visual Studio workflows
- Creating Multiple Tasks from a SharePoint 2010 Workflow
- Deploy SharePoint 2013 designer workflow into production in SharePoint online
- SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflow: Create List Item Action with Example
I hope this SharePoint tutorial explains how to create a reusable approval workflow SharePoint 2010 using SharePoint designer 2010.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.