Create Promoted Links App in SharePoint 2013/2016 using PowerShell
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
Tiles list is a new list template introduced in SharePoint 2013 to add links with Tiles view. We can create the Tiles List out of the box using Promoted Links which is a simple process as we use any list template while creating a list.
While creating the Tiles List programmatically we have to pass template ID. For Promoted Links the template Id is 170.
But the interesting part is, we will have to pass the TemplateFeatureId as well for Promoted Tiles.
Create Promoted Links App in SharePoint using PowerShell
The below code has been written in CSOM and Powershell script which will create a promoted links app in SharePoint using PowerShell.
$ListInfo = New-Object Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ListCreationInformation $ListInfo.Title = $listName $ListInfo.Url=$list.Url $ListInfo.TemplateType = "170" $ListInfo.TemplateFeatureId="192EFA95-E50C-475e-87AB-361CEDE5DD7F"; $spList = $web.Lists.Add($ListInfo) $spList.Description = $ListTitle $spList.Update()
You may like following PowerShell SharePoint tutorials:
- Delete content type from SharePoint list using PowerShell
- Delete Hidden Web Application in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell
- PowerShell out gridview in SharePoint 2013/2016
- PowerShell Script to deploy WSP Solution in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Get features using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013/2016
- PowerShell to clean up user information in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Create List or Document Library using PowerShell in SharePoint Online
- Download files from SharePoint document library using PowerShell
- Steps to add items from CSV file to SharePoint Online List using PowerShell in CSOM
- Get SharePoint Online Site and List Templates using PowerShell
- Export user permission in SharePoint 2013/2016 using PowerShell
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to create a promoted link app using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013/2016.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)