Now, we will see how to create a navigation menu in SharePoint 2013.
Follow the below steps to create navigation menu in SharePoint 2013:
Go to your SharePoint top-level site. Click on site settings -> look and feel -> navigation. Choose managed navigation as shown below.
Now click on term store management tool to create your term store.
From the left pane click on your site collection and then right-click -> New term set.
Type the name of your term set, let say “Global Navigation”. Now right click on on Global Navigation -> click on Create Term. Now type the name of your menu as home, about us, Contact us.
If you want to add any link to menu then chose the menu from left and from right pane click on navigation. Now check “Simple Link or Header” and the provide the URL and then save.
Now to create menu under the main menu, right click on main menu and click on create term and then type the name. Now go to your setting page and in the managed Navigation: Term Set select the term set created above. Now click on OK and finally your navigation menu is created and see your results as menu created.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Retrieve term store data programmatically using csom in SharePoint Online
- Extract term store in SharePoint 2013/2016 using PowerShell
- Migrate custom Search Dictionaries Terms SharePoint 2013/2010 to Office 365 SharePoint Online
- Error loading navigation:The Managed Navigation term set is improperly attached to the site SharePoint
- SharePoint Online: Create term sets and apply as Global Navigation in Sites using PowerShell
- Failed to read from or write to database SharePoint
- Create managed metadata navigation in SharePoint 2013/2016
- The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available SharePoint 2013
- Create Managed Metadata Service Application in SharePoint
- SharePoint this field must be indexed to enforce unique values
This SharePoint tutorial we learned how to create a navigation menu in SharePoint 2013.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.