This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to create a discussion board in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016.
Follow the below steps to create a discussion board in SharePoint Online/2013/2016.
Step 1: Login to your SharePoint site -> Go to the Settings gear icon on the right side of the page -> Click on Add an app.
Step 2: Next click on the Discussion board in the out of box gallery page. Here I have given the name of my discussion board is My Demo Discussion.
Step 3: Next my discussion board got created successfully. A Discussion Forum will open. Click on “new discussion”.
Step 4: Now I am going to create a new discussion so that it will visible to others for further discussion on this topic.
Step 5: Now my discussion board is ready to use. Now another user can able to reply and see all replies in this survey in SharePoint.
Set email alert in all changes in the discussion board
Step 1: Open the discussion board and click on Alert Me and next click on Set alert on this list.
Step 2: Next you need to configure your alert settings as per the below screenshot and click on the OK button to activate the alert for this list.
Step 3: When something has changed in the discussion board, you will notify through email as per the below screenshot.
You may like following SharePoint site collection tutorials:
- Change site collection title, description, logo, and site collection administrator in SharePoint
- Copy list items from one site collection to another programmatically using CSOM in SharePoint Online
- 3 Different ways to Change Site Collection URL in SharePoint 2013/2016 using PowerShell
- Bulk SharePoint Online Site Collection Creation using PowerShell
- Self-Service Site Collection in SharePoint 2013
- Create Site Collection in SharePoint online using PowerShell
- SharePoint 2016 Fast Site Collection Creation using PowerShell
- How to make SharePoint 2013 site collection read only and restrict delete?
I hope, this SharePoint tutorial helps to learn the SharePoint discussion board and how to create a discussion board in SharePoint Online/2013/2016. Also, we saw how we can create alerts for discussion board in SharePoint.
Rajkiran is currently working as a SharePoint Consultant in India . Rajkiran having 7+ years of experience in Microsoft Technologies such as SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/2010, MOSS 2007,WSS 3.0, Migration, Asp.Net, C#.Net, Sql Server, Ajax, jQuery etc.He is C#Corner MVP (2 Times).