This SharePoint Online tutorial explains, how to create a developer site in SharePoint Online Office 365.
By using a developer site you can create, test, or deploy any SharePoint add-in (previously know as SharePoint Apps).
First Login to your Office 365 site, then go to the SharePoint admin center. Make sure you have an Office 365 subscription that supports the developer site template. And also make sure you have the admin rights, if you are not the admin then you will not be able to see.
Then in the SharePoint admin center page click on New -> Private Site Collection as shown in the fig below:
This will open the new site collection dialog box.
Here give a Title for your developer site. Then give the website address.
In the Template Selection, choose Developer Site.
You can also choose the Time Zone.
Put the User Name for the Administrator.
Also, give the Storage Quota. It should look like below:
Once you click on OK, it will process for some time and then it will create the site collection successfully.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Delete and Restore Site Collection using PowerShell in SharePoint Online Office 365
- Current site is not a tenant administration site error in SharePoint Online PowerShell
- Retrieve all site templates using PowerShell and server object model in SharePoint 2016/2013
- 3 Different ways to Change Site Collection URL in SharePoint using PowerShell
- Bulk SharePoint Online Site Collection Creation using PowerShell
- Self-Service Site Collection in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Create Site Collection and Subsite in SharePoint Online using PowerShell
- SharePoint 2016 Fast Site Collection Creation using PowerShell
- How to Change Site Collection Administrators in SharePoint
- How to make SharePoint site collection read-only and restrict delete?
- SharePoint 2019/2016/2013: Create a web application and a Site Collection using PowerShell
- Backup and Restore Site collection in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010/2007
This is how we can create a developer site in SharePoint Online Office 365.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.