This SharePoint 2013 tutorial, we will discuss what is callout in SharePoint 2013? How to create a custom callout in SharePoint 2013/2016.
SharePoint 2016 Tutorial Contents
In SharePoint 2013, Microsoft has introduced a new Framework to Create CallOuts that is somewhat similar to the Dialog Framework Introduced in SharePoint 2010.
The SharePoint 2013 Callouts provide a rich but lightweight details experience for the users. Callouts are used, for example, in document libraries.
A callout displays a limited, but important, amount of the information about an item. In the document library case, the callout houses some contextual information to allow users to get a preview of the details as well as a set of frequently used commands for users to act on. Many SharePoint 2013 features make use of callouts
Below are a few limitations of the callout behavior:
- SharePoint does not display callouts for external content sources.
SharePoint does not generate callouts when rendering in UI Version 14 mode.
- SharePoint only displays callouts for specific lists, depending on the list’s template
SharePoint Callout is only for the SharePoint server 2013.
The callout can be displayed for the following SharePoint Lists:
- Assert Library.
- Document Library.
- Task Lists.
- Pages Library.
- Images Library.
The callout cannot be displayed for the following SharePoint Lists:
- Custom Lists.
- Announcements Lists.
- Calendar List.
- Discussions List.
Step 1: Navigate to your SharePoint 2013 site.
Step 2: From this page select the Site Actions | Edit Page.
Edit the SharePoint web part page, go to the “Insert” tab in the Ribbon and click the “Web Part” option. In the “Web Parts” picker area, go to the “Media and Content” category, select the Script Editor Web Part and press the “Add button”.
Finally, the result show looks as below:
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Remove duplicate web parts from SharePoint web part page
- Create a web part page or wiki page in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Changing Of SharePoint 2010 Custom Site Icon on Web Part Page
- SharePoint 2010 web part pages donot show the left navigation by default
- Only secure content is displayed error in SharePoint Online page viewer web part
- Add closed web parts on a page in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Add a web part to page in SharePoint
- SharePoint 2013 In-List or Find Searches
- New Delegate Control in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013 Implement RunWithElevatedPrivileges with Apps(S2S)
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned what is callout in SharePoint 2013? How to create a custom callout in the SharePoint server 2013.
Solutions. I am currently working on Sharepoint 2010, MOSS 2007, Sharepoint 2013,Sharepoint 2013 App Dev, C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server 2008.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.