This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains color coded calendar in SharePoint. We will discuss how to create a Color coded calendar in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online. By using a color-coded calendar app, a user can be able to easily identify calendar events, meeting etc.
1. Open SharePoint 2013 site, go to add an app and Create one calendar app as Meeting Bookings in the SharePoint site.
2. Now go the list settings in the Calendar tab and create views as your requirement (Suppose Meetings, Holidays, Business).
3. And in the filter option add as “Category is equal to Meeting“. And the same for the other two views also.
4. In the default calendar, add filter condition as “Category is equal to blank“.
5. Now go the Category column and add the choices as Meetings, Holidays, Business.
6. Now we will add colors to the calendar using calendar overlays.
7. Go to the default calendar and then click on calendar overlays from the ribbon.
8. Here click on New Calendar and fill it as below fig.
9. After filling it click on OK.
10. Repeat step 6-7 for the other two categories also. After creation of calendar overlays, it looks like below.
11. Now go to your default calendar view and add events and choose your category from the category column.
12. After adding all your events, you will get the color-coded calendar as below.
You may like following SharePoint Calendar tutorials:
- Hide All Day Event Recurrence fields from a calendar in SharePoint 2013
- Change calendar event background color in SharePoint 2013
- Create Calendar Overlays Using Multiple Calendar Apps in SharePoint 2013 Online
- SharePoint 2013 Online Remove Time from All Events Calendar view
- SharePoint Online Add Calendar Month Week and Day view as Hyperlink
- Display the Calendar Using Jquery Full Calendar and SharePoint Rest API
- Working with SharePoint Calendar in SharePoint 2016/2013/Online
- SharePoint Online Group Calendar Web Part Tutorial
Hope this article will be helpful to create a color calendar in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)