Create Azure App and Deploy to SharePoint Online as an App Step by Step
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to create an azure app and deploy it into SharePoint online as an app. Step by step process to create an Azure app and deploy to SharePoint Online as an app. The steps also include how to add the app as a webpart to the page.
Download publishing settings file from the Azure web.
Open visual studio and select the project template as an app for SharePoint.
Select the “Provider-Hosted” option to host in Azure and deploy it to Office 365.
Specify the target SharePoint version as SharePoint Online.
Register the App using “App Reg new” page using below sample URL https://abc.com/sites/appcatalog/_layouts/15/appregnew.aspx
Open web.config file from solution explorer
Update clientID and client secret values.
Right-click on SharePoint App and Add New Item as App Part.
Open AppManifest.Xml file
Click on the Permissions tab and give the required permissions to the App.
Open Appmanifest.xml file in code window using F7 key and add client ID
Right-click on a web project and click on publish option
Click on Import and select publishing profile settings file downloaded in step1.
Click on Validate connection to Validate the settings
Click on Publish
Right-click on the SharePoint App project and click on publish.
Click on Package the app.
Upload your app package to App Catalog (Developer site)
Now your app will be available for all the site collection in Apps from your organization section
Create a page and add your App Part to the page.
You may like following SharePoint apps tutorials:
- Display SharePoint List Items in Hyperlink in SharePoint Hosted Add-in or Apps
- SharePoint Hosted Apps: Create Choice Type Column in SharePoint Online Office 365
- Set up an On-Premise development environment for SharePoint Add-in or Apps development in SharePoint 2016/2013
- Create Calendar Overlays Using Multiple Calendar Apps in SharePoint 2013 Online
- Error occurred in deployment step Install SharePoint Add-in Sideloading of apps is not enabled on this site
- Display Power BI Report in SharePoint Online (using iFrame and Provider Hosted Apps)
- Generate .app file for SharePoint Apps using MSBuild and Visual Studio 2015
- SharePoint 2016 error while removing Apps Sorry something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again.
- SharePoint 2016 Apps error Authentication Required site url requires a username and password. Your connection to this site is not private
This tutorial helps us to learn how to create an azure app and deploy SharePoint Apps into it.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.