In this post we will discuss how we can create an azure app and deploy it into SharePoint online as an app. Step by step process to create Azure app and deploy to SharePoint Online as an app. The steps also include how to add the app as webpart to the page.
1. Download publishing settings file from Azure web.
2. Open visual studio and select project template as app for SharePoint.
3. Select “Provider-Hosted” option to host in Azure and deploy to Office 365.
4. Specify the target SharePoint version as SharePoint Online.
5. Create an App Catalog site in SharePoint admin and select Developer site template while creating the App Catalog site.
6. Register the App using “App Reg new” page using below sample url https://abc.com/sites/appcatalog/_layouts/15/appregnew.aspx
7. Open web.config file from solution explorer
8. Update clientID and client secret values.
9. Right click on SharePoint App and Add New Item as App Part.
10. Implement required functionality using CSOM, JSOM,C#.net and asp.net in your Web application
11. Open AppManifest.Xml file
12. Click on permissions tab and give required permissions to the App.
13. Open Appmanifest.xml file in code window using F7 key and add client ID
14. Right click on web project and click on publish option
15. Click on Import and select publishing profile settings file downloaded in step1.
16. Click on Validate connection to Validate the settings
17. Click on Publish
18. Right click on the SharePoint App project and click on publish.
19. Click on Package the app.
20. Upload your app package to App Catalog (Developer site)
21. Now your app will be available for all the site collection in Apps from your organization section
22. Create a page and add your App part to the page.
Read some Microsoft Azure tutorials
- Custom Azure Add-in People picker control
- Create remote event receiver sharepoint online as provider hosted add-in and deploy into Microsoft Azure step by step tutorial
- Steps to create Azure WebJobs for SharePoint online and deploy in Microsoft Azure
- How to create website in Microsoft Azure from Azure Portal?
Hope this will be helpful.
-: FREE PDF e-Book Download :-
51 JSOM Examples in SharePoint Online
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: