This SharePoint Online tutorial explains, how to create a modern page in SharePoint Online Office 365. And also we will see how to set modern site page as the home page in SharePoint Online. Lots of organizations already started using SharePoint Online modern experience.
In SharePoint online Microsoft has introduced new pages called Modern pages and which will be more responsive when we compare with normal pages which we create on SharePoint on-premise.
Follow the below steps to create modern pages in SharePoint Online Office 365.
Ensure that “Site Pages” feature is activated as part of the site features, you can ensure by navigating to SharePoint site settings page, then click on Manage Site features.
Click on SharePoint site setting gear icon and create a new page. By default, it will create the page under site pages gallery in SharePoint Online.
Provide the title and add any site content as per the business need.
Navigate to site pages library and select the modern page to make it as the default page.
Click on the maffle icon and select the “Make Home Page” option.
You may like following SharePoint modern experience tutorials:
- How to Embed Facebook Page into SharePoint Online Modern Site Page
- SharePoint modern list column formatting examples
- How to remove/hide default title column from SharePoint Online list (modern/Classic)
- SharePoint 2019 modern Team site template missing while creating subsites
- Save list as template missing in SharePoint Online modern team site
- Add Calendar List in the Modern SharePoint Online Site Pages
- Add an Action Button to a field for sending an Email in SharePoint List/Library using JSON
In this SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to create a modern site page in SharePoint online and then we saw how to set modern site page as home page for SharePoint online site.
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019