In this post, we will discuss how to create a sequential workflow using Visual Studio 2010 in SharePoint 2010.
Also, you can read some SharePoint online tutorials:
Follow below steps to create the sequential workflow:
1. Create New Project using visual studio 2010.
2. In the New Project dialog box, Select the SharePoint and then select 2010.
3. Now select the Sequential Workflow Template.
4. Enter the name of Workflow and then click ok. See in fig
5. Now enter the site url that you want to use it for debugging.
6. Select Deploy as a farm solution and then click Next.
7. Now leave the name of workflow and select the List Workflow. See in fig
8. Click on Next
9. Now select the list or library to associate your workflow. See in fig
10. Specify the conditions for how your workflow should be started. See in fig.
11. Click on Finish.
12. See the following code for Workflow1.cs
public sealed partial class Workflow1 : SequentialWorkflowActivity
public Guid workflowId = default(System.Guid);
public SPWorkflowActivationProperties workflowProperties = new SPWorkflowActivationProperties();
13. And see the onWorkflowActivated1 properties. See in fig
14. Now Save the solution and click on Deploy.
15. Now Open your SharePoint site and go to the custom list to which the workflow is associated by you.
16. Create a new item and you could be able to see a new column name which shows the status of the workflow. See fig.
17. In this project, I have not added any activity so the workflow status will show completed.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: