This SPServices SharePoint 2010, we will discuss how to convert the complex dropdown to a simple dropdown using SPServices in SharePoint 2010.
The SPComplexToSimpleDropdown function lets you convert a “complex” dropdown rendered by SharePoint in a form to a “simple” dropdown. It can work in conjunction with SPCascadeDropdowns; call SPComplexToSimpleDropdown. SharePoint Lookup Column renders dropdowns differently in Internet Explorer depending on whether they have fewer than 20 options or 20+ options.
First it appears like below:
To convert to simple dropdown we have to write the jQuery code in the page.
Rather than opening the EditForm in a popup, open the form in a page (To open the item in a different page copy the item URL and then paste it in a new browser), then edit the page and add a content editor web part.
In the content editor web part put the below code.
Then save the page and then the complex dropdown will appear like below:
You may like following SPServices SharePoint 2010 tutorials:
- Get manager of current SharePoint user using SPServices and GetUserProfileByName
- Fields Autocomplete for SharePoint 2010 using jQuery SPServices
- Read list or document library items using jQuery SPServices in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013 Populate Manager name using SPServices
- SharePoint Online Add Update Delete Item from List using SPServices
- Get List Items using SPServices in Office 365 Sharepoint 2013 Online
- SharePoint 2013 Online GetListItems using SPServices
- SharePoint 2013 Online Retrieve Current user details using SPServices
- Show hide div based on user permission using SPServices in SharePoint 2013
- Query User Profile Service for Multiple Users in SharePoint Using SPServices
- Autocomplete feature in SharePoint 2013 list column using SPServices in SharePoint 2013
In this Article, We achieve if the parent list has more than 20 entries. SharePoint 2010 changes from a dropdown to an ajaxy-style ‘type ahead’-field. Using SPServices SPComplexToSimpleDropdown We convert into simple dropdown.
Solutions. I am currently working on Sharepoint 2010, MOSS 2007, Sharepoint 2013,Sharepoint 2013 App Dev, C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server 2008.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.