This InfoPath SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains, how we can convert field value to lower case or upper case in InfoPath 2013 in SharePoint 2013. Also, we will discuss how to convert to upper case using Rules in InfoPath 2013 in SharePoint 2013/Online. How to convert to lower case using rules in SharePoint 2013/Online in InfoPath 2013. I will also show how to convert the first letter to UPPER case in InfoPath 2013.
Recently while working in an InfoPath form for SharePoint 2013, I got a requirement like whenever a user enters something in a textbox, the value should be converted to upper case letter.
We can convert to different cases without using a code, by simply writing a rule in InfoPath in SharePoint 2013.
So you can add a rule and write the below expression according to your requirement:
SharePoint 2016 Tutorial Contents
Convert To UPPER case in InfoPath 2013
Below is the InfoPath rule to convert to Upper Case in SharePoint 2013 InfoPath form. The rule you can write in the particular field on which you want to convert to upper case.
If you are new to InfoPath 2013 rules, read an article on InfoPath 2013 show hide section using Rules in SharePoint online.
translate(my:FieldName, “abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwyxz”, “ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWYXZ”)
Convert to lower case in InfoPath 2013
Below is the InfoPath rule to convert to lower case in SharePoint 2013 InfoPath form.
translate(my:FieldName, “ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWYXZ”, “abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwyxz”)
Convert the first letter to UPPER case in InfoPath 2013
Below is the InfoPath rule to convert to the first letter to Upper Case in SharePoint 2013 InfoPath form.
concat(substring(translate(my:FieldName, “abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz”, “ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ”), 1, 1), substring(my:FieldName, 2, string-length(my:FieldName) – 1))
You may like following InfoPath SharePoint 2013 tutorials:
- InfoPath more than two radio buttons in SharePoint 2013
- An alternative way to promote people picker in InfoPath form library in SharePoint 2013
- Check Length in Custom Rule in InfoPath in SharePoint 2013
- How to create auto increment field on form load in InfoPath?
- Make attachment field mandatory in InfoPath Designer 2013 in SharePoint Online list
- Unable to connect SharePoint site. The Operation could not be completed error in InfoPath 2013 SharePoint Online
- Limit attachment size in InfoPath 2013 SharePoint online
- InfoPath 2013 multiple attachments
Hope this will work for you to convert field value to the upper case, lower case or first letter upper case using rules in InfoPath 2013 in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)