This PowerShell SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss. how to convert classic to claims authentication in SharePoint 2010 using PowerShell.
We will see how to convert an existing web application configured with Classic Mode Authentication to Claims Based in SharePoint 2010.
Convert classic to claims authentication in SharePoint
Note: Once converted from classic to claims, you will not be able to revert the change.
Below is the screenshot showing the SharePoint 2010 web application in Classic Mode.
Below is the PowerShell command to convert classic to claims authentication in SharePoint.
$App = get-spwebapplication "http://SvrName:1007" $app.useclaimsauthentication = "True" $app.Update()
You can see the web application is now converted to Claims Based Authentication.
You may like following PowerShell SharePoint tutorials:
- Get SharePoint Feature IDs using PowerShell in SharePoint 2010/2013/2016
- How to backup and restore SharePoint 2010 site collection?
- How to Check the SharePoint version installed on the server?
- SharePoint 2013 PowerShell Commands
- Add items to SharePoint list using PowerShell
- Deploy SharePoint 2010 solution(.wsp) package using Powershell
- Powershell and STSADM command to install activate feature SharePoint 2010/2013/2016
Hope this SharePoint tutorial helps to learn how to convert classic to claims authentication SharePoint 2010 using PowerShell.
Solutions. I am currently working on Sharepoint 2010, MOSS 2007, Sharepoint 2013,Sharepoint 2013 App Dev, C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server 2008.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.