What is Content Type HUB?
Steps to configure Content type HUB in SharePoint 2013:
The site collection looks like below:
2. Activate Content type Syndication Hub feature as part of Site collection features in root site collection of Content type HUB web application. By activating this feature we are provisioning a site to be Enterprise Metadata hub site. To activate it go to the site settings page and then open Site collection features.
6. Navigate to service applications on servers and select MMS service
Central Administration -> Application Management -> Service Applications -> Manage Service Applications
7. As shown in the above article click on properties for MMS service to update Content HUB site collection URL
8. Enter the root site collection HUB URL as part of content type hub text box
9. Ensure that “consume content type from the content type gallery” is enable as part of Managed Metadata Service Connection.
10. Select the MMS service Connection and click on properties option as part of ribbon control
11. Click on check box for “consume content type from the content type gallery” option and click okon the popup window
With this we have successfully configured Content type HUB in next article we will discuss about how to create and publish a new content type using content type HUB across FARM. Hope this helps you guys happy administration in SharePoint 2013 !!!