In our previous article we have discussed about how to configure content type HUB. Now we will discuss how to create a content type and publish it through Content type HUB.
Follow the below steps to achieve it:
1. Create a content type (follow the below article) in newly created site collection in content HUB web application
2. As advised in the above 2 articles I have created a content type “Loan Details”
3. Now click on “Manage Publishing for this content type” option (as shown below)
4. This will take you to the next page where it will allow you to publish at enterprise level
As highlighted in above screen select “publish” radio button and click on “OK”
5. This will publish the content type as part of Content type HUB.
6. Once it is published it will be available immediately to consume in other web applications. In SharePoint we have timer job to make it available to subscribers. To enable this immediately we have to run the timer job explicitly from Central Administrator
7. Click on “Review Job definitions” as part of Monitoring
8. Now identify “Content Type Hub” job definition and click on that
9. That will take you to “Edit Timer Job” page, click on “Run Now”
10. Verify the timer job status in Central Admin
11. Now log on back to Site collection where you have created the “Content Type” and navigate to “Content Type Publishing” link
12. Check the Refresh all Published Content types on next update and say OK
13. To verify the availability of this content type as default create a new site collection in same or different web application.
Hope this helps, happy development in SharePoint 2013 !!!
-: FREE PDF e-Book Download :-
51 JSOM Examples in SharePoint Online