Here we will discuss, how to enable content approval for a document in sharepoint library and how we can use it. To do this follow below steps: First open SharePoint team site and the create a document library. Then from ribbon click on library settings to go to the library settings page.
On this page click on Versioning settings.
On this page Click yes for enable content approval and then select -> create major versions
Also, you can read: Document approval workflow in SharePoint 2013
Under who would see the items
Select only who approve the items by default
So the now the document will be able to view only for Approvers
Click Ok to complete. Then upload the simple document into this library. And you can see the approval status will be pending:
Now am signed in as a different user having read permission the document has been invisible
Now am going to approve the document
Review and Approve the document and provide comments. So now see the status has been approved
Now login as different user and you can see the document has been viewble to all the users.
Read some SharePoint 2013 tutorials:
- Create a chart using chart.js In SharePoint server 2013
- JQuery accordion using content search web part in SharePoint server 2013
- Active Directory domain services in windows server 2016
- Ignite UI Data grid in SharePoint Online using AJAX
- Promoted links SharePoint 2016
- Three State Workflow in SharePoint with Example
Hope this will be helpful.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Tutorials: