This SharePoint tutorial will discuss how to enable content approval for a document in the SharePoint library and then we will discuss how to use content approval in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online.
Content approval in SharePoint document library
To do this follow the below steps: First, open a SharePoint team site and then create a document library. Then from ribbon click on library settings to go to the SharePoint document library settings page.
On this page click on Versioning settings.
On this page Click yes for enable content approval and then select -> create major versions.
Under who would see the items.
Select only who approves the items by default.
So now the document will be able to view only for Approvers.
Click Ok to complete. Then upload the simple document into this library. And you can see the approval status will be pending:
Now I am signed in as a different user having read permission the document has been invisible.
Now I am going to approve the document.
Review and Approve the document and provide comments. So now see the status has been approved.
Now login as a different user and you can see the document has been viewable to all the users.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- SharePoint document approval workflow example
- Content Approval in SharePoint 2013 list or document library
- Create an Approval Content for the SharePoint 2010 Custom List Items
- Get All approval task through template ID using the SharePoint Server object model
- Create a Leave Request Approval Workflow using SharePoint Designer 2013
- Create Approval workflow in for SharePoint 2013 document library
- Change welcome page in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Hide Site Settings Gear icon for users other than owners in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Document sets in sharepoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013/2016/Online: Find an Item List search box does not return results
Here, we learned what is content approval in SharePoint? How to enable content approval in SharePoint 2013/2016 document library.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.