In this SharePoint 2013 tutorial, I am going to explain how to create a connected web part in SharePoint 2013 from the browser itself.
Connected web part in SharePoint 2013
Follow the below steps to create a connected web part in SharePoint 2013.
Create two SharePoint lists say product and category and some fields to this. Now create a SharePoint web part page. Open your web part page and click on page tab and then edit the page and click on add webpart and then choose the product list.fig-2
In the same way add the category list in another web part. Now select product category and from dropdown choose Connections and then choose Send Row Data and then Category list.fig-3
So here in dialog box expand the drop-down and choose to Get Filter values from and then click on configure.fig-4
In the next dialog box, in the Provider Field name choose ID and in the next drop down choose ID.fig-1
It means we give the column name which have the unique data and filter data based on that column. Then click on finish.
Now your two SharePoint lists are connected with each other and you can see the data by clicking on the row of product list.
You may like following SharePoint web part tutorials:
- SharePoint Current user filter web part
- Show Ribbon for ListViewWebPart on Page SharePoint 2013
- Picture library slideshow web part SharePoint 2013 Online
- SharePoint 2013 web part adder section not appearing wpadder was missing
- Remove duplicate web parts from SharePoint web part page
- The maximum number of web parts for all zones on this page has been exceeded error in SharePoint 2013
- How to Export and Import Web Part in SharePoint 2013 Online?
- SharePoint 2013 content search web part vs content query web part
- SharePoint 2013/2016/Online Content Search WebPart with Query String
- SharePoint content query web part query string filter
- Display list data in Slideshow view using SharePoint content search web part
- SharePoint 2013 Timeline web part
- The list cannot be displayed in datasheet view error in SharePoint 2010
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned Connected web part in SharePoint 2013.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.