Quotas and locks are two methods of controlling access to site collections. By employing the use of locks, site administrators can manually prevent user access.
Quotas are used to prevent users from adding content to a site collection or provide e-mail warning notification to the site collection administrator when specified limits on disk space are passed.
It is also possible to create and edit site quota templates that you can use during site creation
To configure site quotas, follow these steps:
1. From the Application Management page of the Central Administration site, click Configure quotas and locks under the Site Collections section.
2. Choose the site collection to configure from the drop-down list in the Site Collection section.
3. In the Site Lock Information section, choose the desired level of access to the chosen site collection, as shown in Figure.
4. In the Site Quota Information section, choose the quota template you want to modify, and then select one or both of the following:
– Check the Limit site storage to a maximum of the box, and then enter the amount of disk space in megabytes (MB).
– Check the Send warning e-mail when site storage reaches the box, and then enter the amount of disk space in megabytes (MB).
-Enter the amount of usage points per day for sandboxed solutions.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials:
About Navneet Singh
I am Navneet Singh, Working at C3it software solutions pvt. ltd. in Pune. My core skills are SharePoint 2013, Office 365, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Designer, SharePoint Designer Workflow, Nintex Workflow, Infopath, Webpart, CSOM/SSOM, Power-shell, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server.
Your FREESharePoint Online Ebook is on its way to your Email Inbox. **************** You will get notification on FREE SharePoint online training, SharePoint webinars, Video Tutorial & also latest FREE PDF tutorials