Configure managed properties SharePoint 2013
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains how to configure managed properties in SharePoint 2013/2016.
If you want to make your custom property searchable, you need to create a managed property for that custom property. I have added a new property ” Country ” to my User Profile Synchronization Service and mapped it to property from AD. That works and the property gets properly imported into user’s profiles.
I have even managed to successfully show it in search results; however, I still can search for it specifically. This managed property acts as a bridge between search and custom property.
Configure managed properties SharePoint 2013/2016
Step-1: In SharePoint Search Service, select the “Search Schema” option.
Step-2: Create ‘New Managed Property’.
Step-3: Following Managed Properties need to be created
- Property Name: Country
- Type: Text
- Searchable: Yes
- Queryable: Yes
- Retrievable: Yes
- Allow Multiple Values: No
- Refinable: Yes-active
- Sortable: No
- Safe: No
- Alias: —
- Token Normalization: Yes
- Complete Matching: No
- Include content from all crawled properties: Yes
Select ‘Add a Mapping’
Select “All Categories” -> Search for “Country” -> Select “Ok”
The property gets mapped as given in below screenshot:
This tracking has an impact on the relevancy of search results. For example, a search result that is often clicked by users will automatically be displayed higher up in the search results.
You may like following SharePoint search tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013/2016/Online Content Search WebPart with Query String
- SharePoint 2013 content search web part vs content query web part
- Show Slideshow list data using SharePoint 2013 content search web part
- Prevent Site Content to appear in SharePoint 2013 search results
- SharePoint 2013/2016/Online Search using REST API
- SharePoint Online Create Enterprise Search Center Site
- Create a custom search result page and add custom search result page to SharePoint Online Search Center
- Create SharePoint 2013 Online Search Result Sources and attach to Search Result page
- Search Items based in ID column in SharePoint 2013 SmallInputSearchBox
- SharePoint 2013 Enable and Configure search alerts
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to configure managed properties SharePoint 2013/2016.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.