Configure Site Mailbox for Office 365 SharePoint Online Site
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint Online tutorial, we will discuss, how we can configure site mailbox for Office 365 SharePoint Online site.
The site mailbox is basically used to store team email and attachment files for a SharePoint site which can be also used from Outlook 2013/2016/2019 as well.
Below steps to configure the site mailbox which is quite straight forward.
Open SharePoint Online site and Go to Site contents and then Click on Add app option.
Click the Site Mailbox to start the configuration.
Once the site mailbox is created, click the Mailbox app and provide Language and time zone on Exchange Admin Center.
Click Save to complete the site mailbox configuration.
It can take 15 to 30 mins for the entire process to complete. Once the site mailbox is configured, it will send emails to all users belongs to the Owner’s and Member’s group for the specific SharePoint site.
Now let’s say we are configuring the site mailbox for HR site and site mailbox email-id is HR@abc.microsoft.com.
Send email to the email id with or without attachments. Now navigate to SharePoint Online site Site Mailbox and you can find emails sent from your email-id.
Update: New Site Mailboxes can no longer be created in SharePoint Online. Consider using Office 365 Groups to connect a team site with an email conversation.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Configure Search Query Rule Office 365 SharePoint Online
- Migrate custom Search Dictionaries Terms SharePoint 2013/2010 to Office 365 SharePoint Online
- Custom Azure Add-in People picker control
- Email enabled lists or document libraries in SharePoint Online office 365
- Check Anonymous access for all web applications in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Create an Azure App and Deploy to SharePoint Online as an App Step by Step
- Microsoft flow Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library Configuration
- Microsoft Azure Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Azure Add-in Send Email SharePoint Online Office 365
- Get List Items using SPServices in SharePoint 2013 Online Office 365
- Create List and respective fields programmatically in SharePoint Online using PowerShell
This SharePoint Online tutorial, we saw how to configure site mailbox in SharePoint Online Office 365.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.