This SharePoint Online tutorial explains, how we can configure search query rule in Office 365 SharePoint Online.
Follow below steps to configure search query rule in Office 365 SharePoint:
Login to SharePoint Online Admin Center and Click on Search from Left Navigation.
Further select Manager Query Rules.
Configure Search Query Rule Office 365 SharePoint Online
On Manage query Rule pages, select the Result Source list for new query rule.
On Add Query Rule Page, provide Rule Name and expand Context Section.
To apply the rule to all result sources, select all sources.
Add Category to restrict the query rule.
Add user Segment to restrict the query rule to a user segment.
Select one of the conditions in the Query Conditions section.
In the action section, specify the action to take when query rule fires.
We can add Promoted Results to promote and appear top of the search results which we can say as Best Bets results.
Configure ranked search results which calculate ranking order of search results. We can change the ranking by promoting or demoting items within search results.
Save the Rule to complete the configuration.
You may like following SharePoint 2013 search tutorials:
- Documents are not showing up in Search Results in SharePoint 2013
- How to customize search results look by using result types and display templates in SharePoint Online and SharePoint 2016/2013?
- Disable list or libraries to appear in search result SharePoint Online Office 365
- Draft items not appearing in search results in SharePoint 2013
- Prevent Site Content to appear in SharePoint 2013 search results
- Steps to create a result source and use custom result source in content search web part in SharePoint online
- Create a custom search result page and add custom search result page to SharePoint Online Search Center
- How to define Search scopes in SharePoint 2013 Using Result Sources?
- [Fixed] SharePoint 2013/2016/Online: Find an Item List search box does not return results
Hope this SharePoint tutorial helps to configure search query rule in Office 365 SharePoint Online.
I have 9 years of exprience into SharePoint implementation, architecture, Administrator, development and Training.Designing Information Architecture in SharePoint 2007, 2010,2013 and Office 365.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.