In this SharePoint 2019 tutorial, we will discuss how to configure quota template in SharePoint server 2019.
What is SharePoint Site collection quota
The quota for a SharePoint site collection defines how much data a site collection can contain.
When you configure the quota template for a SharePoint site collection, then it will be the sum of the content sizes for the top-level site as well as the subsites within the entire SharePoint site collection.
Even the document versions or item versions and the items in the recycle bin also count towards the quota.
Configure quota template in SharePoint server 2019
Sometimes SharePoint Site collection size increased and we do not need to know about it and it difficult to handle manage the SharePoint site collection quota.
To overcome this, we will configure the Quota template, so once the size reached, we will get an alert email to increase the size of the particular SharePoint site collection.
Follow the below steps to configure site quota templates in SharePoint server 2019.
Step 1: Log in to your SharePoint server 2019 Central administration using a Farm Credential.
Step 2: Then Navigate to Application Management >> Specify quota templates that is under Site Collections.
Step 3: Next provide the below option for creating a new template.
- Choose to Create a new quota template
- Provide the name as STG_Template
- Storage Limit Values -> Limit site storage to a maximum of -> 3000 MB
- Send warning E-mail when Site Collection storage reaches: 2000 MB
- Sandboxed Solutions With Code Limits: 200 to 300 pint
- Click on the OK button.
Once you click on OK, the site collection quota will be saved for the SharePoint server.
Now, this is how to configure quota template in SharePoint 2019.
Now, when you will create a site collection, you can set the quota in the SharePoint site collection.
You can create the site collection by following the below step.
Open SharePoint server 2019 central admin, click on Application Management and then click on Create site collections which is under Site Collections.
There you can provide the Site collection name, URL, choose the site template. You can also provide the site collection site administrator and then you can select the quota template that is presented under Select a quota template section.
You may like following SharePoint 2019 tutorials:
- Configure outgoing email in SharePoint server 2019
- Difference between SharePoint 2019 and 2016 and Online
- SharePoint 2019 (SAML) Claims provider for authentication in TermStore has been fixed
- SharePoint 2019 modern Team site template missing while creating sub sites
- Enable blank site template SharePoint 2013/2016/2019
- SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013/2016/2019 Migration Steps
- How to view all active services in SharePoint Server 2019
In this SharePoint server 2019 tutorial, we learned how to configure quota template in SharePoint server 2019 and also how to choose the quota template while creating a site collection in SharePoint server 2019.
Rajkiran is currently working as a SharePoint Consultant in India . Rajkiran having 7+ years of experience in Microsoft Technologies such as SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/2010, MOSS 2007,WSS 3.0, Migration, Asp.Net, C#.Net, Sql Server, Ajax, jQuery etc.He is C#Corner MVP (2 Times).
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.