In this SharePoint 2019 tutorial, we will discuss how to configure outgoing email SharePoint 2019. We will see here how to configure outgoing email in SharePoint server 2019.
Configure outgoing email SharePoint 2019
As we know we always prefer SharePoint due to it’s a more collaborative platform and user friendly.
So Microsoft has provided a feature where we can configure email settings in the SharePoint server 2019. When any action happened in the SharePoint site, an email will trigger from SharePoint and we have to configure the email settings where an email will send from your personal email ID or Auto-generate Email like [email protected].
Now we will see how to configure outgoing Email settings in SharePoint 2019.
Step 1: Open the SharePoint server 2019 central admin using a SharePoint farm account.
Step 2: Next go the System Settings -> Email and Text Message (SMS) and click on Configure outgoing e-mail settings like below:
Step 3: Next you have to provide the below required Fields.
- Outbound SMTP Server: You can configure or you can check with your organization to get the SMTP server details.
- SMTP Server Port: By default, it should be 25.
- From Address: You can provide your form address which the user will receive.
- Reply-to address: Optional
- Character Set: You can select as per your choice
- SMTP Server Authentication: Anonymous
- You have to provide the SMTP Server User Name and Password.
- Next, choose the TLS Connection encryption.
Step 4: Click OK button to save settings.
You may like following SharePoint server 2019 tutorials:
- SharePoint 2019 psconfig upgrade freezed at task2
- SharePoint 2019 modern Team site template missing while creating sub sites
- SharePoint 2019 (SAML) Claims provider for authentication in TermStore has been fixed
- How to disable/enable alert for a list or library in SharePoint 2019/2016/2013
- Difference between SharePoint 2019 and 2016 and Online
- SharePoint 2019: The Next Big Thing in Enterprise Collaboration
- How to configure quota template in SharePoint server 2019
- How to view all active services in SharePoint Server 2019
Here we learned how to configure outgoing email settings for SharePoint server 2019.
Rajkiran is currently working as a SharePoint Consultant in India . Rajkiran having 7+ years of experience in Microsoft Technologies such as SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/2010, MOSS 2007,WSS 3.0, Migration, Asp.Net, C#.Net, Sql Server, Ajax, jQuery etc.He is C#Corner MVP (2 Times).
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.