DNS (Domain Name System) carries a major role in any version of SharePoint in various scenarios / configuration levels, like:
– Alternate access mapping
– Configuring App model
– Configuring Active Directory Domain Services
Let us see the step by step approach to configure DNS in windows server 2012 for SharePoint 2013. Configuring DNS involves adding DNS role in server 2012. Below steps walk us through the same:
1. Open server manager by start -> Server Manager. Then click on Add roles and features. Then click on Next in the “Before You Begin” wizard.
Then in the Installation Type select the default “Role-based or feature-based installation” radio button.
2. Select the desired server name to be configured the DNS in the list.
3. Then Click on Next, then in the Server Roles, select “DNS Server”.
Here it will show the features required for DNS server like below:
Then it will show the warning message to create a static IP address like below:
Click on Continue and then in the DNS server screen, click on Next like below:
4. Click on check box to restart the server after the role configuration and click on Install to configure DNS.
Hope this help in next article I shall explain how to configure ADDS in Server 2012.!!!
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: