This windows server 2012 tutorial, we will discuss how to configure DNS in windows server 2012 step by step.
DNS in windows server 2012
DNS (Domain Name System) carries a major role in any version of SharePoint in various scenarios/configuration levels, like:
- Alternate access mapping
- Configuring App model
- Configuring Active Directory Domain Services
Windows Server 2012 DNS configuration step by step
Let us see the step by step approach to configure DNS in windows server 2012 for SharePoint 2013. Configuring DNS involves adding a DNS role in server 2012. Below steps walk us through the same:
Open server manager by start -> Server Manager. Then click on Add roles and features. Then click on Next in the “Before You Begin” wizard.
Then in the Installation Type select the default “Role-based or feature-based installation” radio button.
Select the desired server name to be configured the DNS in the list.
Then click on Next, then in the Server Roles, select “DNS Server”.
Here it will show the features required for DNS server like below:
Then it will show the warning message to create a static IP address like below:
Click on Continue and then in the DNS server screen, click on Next like below:
Click on the checkbox to restart the server after the role configuration and click on Install to configure DNS.
You may like following windows server tutorials:
- This edition cannot be upgraded error while upgrading to Windows server 2016 datacenter
- Windows Server 2016 no images are available
- Configure Active Directory Domain Services in Windows Server 2012
- SharePoint 2013 Windows server AppFabric installation Error
- How to enable wireless in Windows server 2012 R2?
- How to Enable Wired Ethernet in Windows Server 2012 R2?
- Active directory domain services in windows server 2016
- How to rename domain name in windows server 2016?
- How to install Active Directory on Windows server 2016 Step by step?
- Windows Server 2016 Installation Step by Step with Screenshots
- What are the new features in Windows Server 2016?
This tutorial, we learned how to configure DNS in windows server 2012.
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.