This Windows tutorial, we will disucss how to configure active directory domain services in Windows server 2012.
In any version of SharePoint, we need to import user profiles from Active Directory (AD). The base of AD is ADDS (Active Directory Domain Services).In this article I am presenting a step by step approach to configure ADDS. In order to configure we need to configure DNS first. Please refer to configuring DNS step by step.
Configure Active Directory Domain Services in Windows Server 2012
Follow the below steps to configure ADDS.
1. Log on to server and open Server manager
2. Click on Manage and click on Add Role and Feature.
Then click on Next -> Next and in the Server Roles, check “Active Directory Domain Services” check box like below and in the Add Roles and Features Wizard, click on Add Features like below:
Then in the Active Directory Domain Services wizard click on Next.
Then in the Confirm installation selection wizard dialog, check the check box, Restart the destination server automatically if required like below:
Then click on Promote this server to a domain controller like below:
The choose Add a new forest, give a root domain name like below:
Then in the Domain controller options give a password like below:
Then in the Additiona Options give the NetBIOS domain name as something like below:
Then int the path let it take the default paths like below:
Then it will display the details like below:
Then in the Prerequisites check dialog box click Next.
Then from the home page click on Tools -> Active Directory Users and Computers
Then you can see the newly created AD Domain Controller with default users and permission settings like below:
You may like following SQL Server tutorials:
- Importing SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) Sample CUBE and Processing the CUBEs
- SQL Server Reporting Services installation and configuration in SharePoint 2016/2013
- How to Setting maximum memory in SQL server?
- Create Configure and Use SQL Server Database using Microsoft Azure
- SCCM Tutorial Backing up sql server database and preparing new sql server 2012
- Killing a SPID in SQL Server and Checking Rollback Progress
- Deploy SQL Server 2016 on the Azure Portal Using Windows server 2012
- SQL Server Physical File Fragmentation Complete Guide
- How to install SQL Server 2016 step by step?
- Move Sharepoint Databases To New SQL Server
- How to return multiple values from a function in sql server 2012?
- Configure SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) in SQL Server 2012
Tags: configure active directory windows server 2012, how to setup active directory on windows server 2012 r2, active directory domain services configuration wizard 2012, active directory windows server 2012 r2, install active directory windows server 2012 r2 step by step, active directory domain services configuration wizard 2012, how to open active directory domain services configuration wizard 2012, active directory windows server 2012 tutorial, active directory domain services, active directory domain services configuration wizard, how to start active directory domain services configuration wizard, active directory domain services configuration wizard 2012 tutorial
Enjoy Administration in Windows Server !!!
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.