How to combine multiple files from SharePoint folder in Power BI
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
Subscribe to EnjoySharePoint YouTube channel for more FREE videos.
In this Power BI Tutorial, we are going to explore How to Combine Multiple Files From SharePoint In Power BI.
Combine multiple files from SharePoint folder in Power BI
This is the scenario where I have a SharePoint site under site. I just want to connect some of the folders in order to retrieve my data in order to process my data.
And form the beautiful reports, dashboards.
Under the Shared Folder on DemoSite, I have multiple files. So I want to Combine all these files and retrieve data into a single file in Power BI.
Now we need to click Get Data and then more and in the search, we will just write SharePoint.
Otherwise, we need to search in different categories, so the very first option we have here is a SharePoint Folder we will select and we will click OK
We will now provide the SharePoint folder path which we already copied so you’ll paste here OK. https://enjoysharepointsky.sharepoint.com/sites/DemoSite/
Now in the below screen, it’s asking us Sharepoint Credentials. So in order to access files, we need to provide by selecting Microsoft account.
Once we are successfully connected to the Site we will click on Edit, it will open the query editor.
Now we need to filter our data, so we need to select the Name column and filter the files which are required.
Next step in order to combine files, we need to select Content (first column) and select the data and click OK.
After that, we will just give some meaningful names to our sheet data as Interest rates and click on Close & apply.
Once all the changes applied successfully, you will have your combined data as shown below. Now you can process your data the way you want.
You may like the following Power BI tutorials:
- Publish to Web Power BI Error: Contact Your Admin to Enable Embed Code Creation
- How to Connect Most Recent File from a Folder
- Create Power BI Dashboard step by step tutorial
- Integration of Power BI with SharePoint Online
- Display Power BI Report in SharePoint Online (using iFrame and Provider Hosted Apps)
- Data Refreshing issue Access Denied to Analysis Services Database Contact Administrator in PowerPivot in SharePoint BI services
- How to open Office Web Apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) documents in Iframe
- How to Connect to a Specific file from SharePoint to Power BI
This tutorial, we learned how to combine multiple files from SharePoint in Microsoft Power BI.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.