This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to resolve an error “Column ‘ContentType’ does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user while adding/updating the list item” which comes in SharePoint 2013.
This error we faced in a SharePoint 2013 list when we try to add one item to the list. And the SharePoint 2013 site is migrated from MOSS 2007 using the database upgrade approach.
The error comes as Column ‘ContentType’ does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.
Column ‘ContentType’ does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user
We created one Single line of text column name as “ContentType”.
Then we hide this column from all the views.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013/2016 PowerShell Script Examples
- Sign in as different user is missing in SharePoint 2016/2013
- Confirm the SharePoint 2013 Web site in use
- Set Default value to SharePoint DateTime Control
- Change Column Order in List Forms (new/edit/display) in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online without using Code
- $(document).ready(function() not working SharePoint 2013/2016 list form
- Delete Corrupted Service Applications in SharePoint 2013
- Managed Path in SharePoint 2016/2013
Hope this SharePoint tutorial explains how to solve Column ‘ContentType’ does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user while adding/updating the list item which comes in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.