In SharePoint, we all in our life experience this issue once where many times we are unable to view some of the SharePoint components like missing Profile name, different login name, missing links in web part or any other pages’ contents which usually we can have access. So, this is not related to SharePoint directly and we can have N number of causes but majorly we have an issue in our browser cookie/ cache. And by clearing we can have resolved the issue.
Clearing cache to view SharePoint missing components in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010
To solve this issue, we can have two approaches to clearing the cache for the browser in SharePoint.
Delete browser history – Go to your browser’s property and check the History and Cookies tab to delete the cache. Below are the ways.
Firefox 7.0 and above:
In Firefox 7.0 and above, for the Mac and PC, you can clear your cookies and cache by completing the following procedure:
- From the top menu bar select History and then Clear Recent History.
- In the Time Range to Clear drop-down Window select the “Everything” option.
- Click the down arrow button next to Details and make sure all the checkboxes have checked in them. Click the Clear Now button.
- Closeout all browsers before continuing. The new settings will be available once you reopen Firefox.
In Google Chrome, you can clear your cookies and cache by completing the following procedure:
- Click the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar or by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + DEL on your keyboard. (NOTE: The Chrome menu button is to the right of the address bar and it has three gray lines in it.)
- Select More Tools
- Select Clear browsing data
- Select “the beginning of time” from the drop-down menu for Obliterate the Following Items From
- Make sure “Browsing history”, “Download history”, “Cookies and other site and plugin data” and “Cached images and files” have a check in the checkbox
- Press the Clear browsing data button
- Close all browsers before continuing. The new settings will be available once you reopen Chrome.
Navigating the F12 Developer Tools Interface – It is an extra add-on that is available with Google Chrome and Mozilla browser. It puts a wealth of web development tools at your fingertips while you browse.
Go to cookies tab -> click on Remove cookies
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Cannot create a site page. please have your administrator enable the required feature on this site error in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- How to add edit task form URL inside SharePoint 2013 designer workflow email?
- The file filename is not checked out. You must first check out this document before making changes.
- Browsers Supported in SharePoint online SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint 2013
- Only secure content is displayed error in SharePoint Online page viewer web part
- The remote server returned an error (401) Unauthorized SharePoint online management shell error
- Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property get_current of undefined error SharePoint Online jsom
- Create site page option missing in SharePoint Online modern sites
- Create search center site programmatically using CSOM in SharePoint Online
- Delete sites and subsites programmatically using CSOM in SharePoint Online
- Read CSV file from SharePoint document library programmatically using CSOM
- Create Azure Web App and Download Publish Profile from Azure Portal
- Access Rest API using Postman in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
As a best practice, we should keep on removing our cache for better browser performance. Hope this will be helpful.
Bhawana Rathore is a Microsoft MVP (3 times in Office Apps & Services) and a passionate SharePoint Consultant, having around 10 years of IT experience in the industry, as well as in .Net technologies. She likes to share her technical expertise in EnjoySharePoint.com and SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.