This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to check the description of a document library in SharePoint 2013/2016 and SharePoint Online.
Check description of Document Library in SharePoint
Below are two methods to check the description of a document library in SharePoint.
For all SharePoint versions, if you go to Document library settings page and you will see the description over here.
Open any of site for any version of SharePoint. Then go to the Site Contents page.
Click on any of List which you want to get a description, Go to Library setting by clicking on the Library tab bar.
Here check it out the description for the document library.
For SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint online, you can see this, once you click on the document library, the description showed in the document library.
You may like following SharePoint document library tutorials:
- Create a Unique Project ID and automated folder structure under document library using Event Receiver in SharePoint 2013/2016/2019
- How to display more than 3 views in SharePoint document library
- Upload documents from network drive to SharePoint document library using PowerShell
- Download files from SharePoint document library using PowerShell
- SharePoint 2016 crud operations using Rest API and jQuery on list or document library
- Read CSV file from SharePoint document library programmatically using CSOM
- Get SharePoint document library size using PowerShell
- Disable document edit properties based on user permission in SharePoint document library
- Working with Enterprise Metadata and Keywords Settings for List and Document library in SharePoint Online
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to check the description of a SharePoint document library.