Change welcome page in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint customization tutorial explains, how to change the welcome page in SharePoint Online/2013/2016. As we know after creating a site collection, the default welcome page will automatically set as Home.aspx page.
So here we will change the default welcome page to another SharePoint page by using some settings in SharePoint.
Change welcome page SharePoint Online/2013/2016
Step 1: Login to your SharePoint site -> Go to the Settings gear icon in the right side of the page -> Click on Site settings.
Step 2: Click on Welcome page under look and feel
Step 3: Next you will get an option to set your welcome page. You can directly provide your page URL in the Text box or click on browse button to choose the page or list which you want to set as welcome page.
Step 4: In this scenario, I am using another page as a welcome page so now I am selecting Home.aspx page as my default welcome page.
Step 5: Next click on Insert and next click on OK to save the new settings. Next, go back to your site and login it again. Next see your newly provided page will appear as welcome page.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Content Approval in SharePoint 2013 document libraries
- Document sets in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint Online Office 365 Create and Delete List using Rest API
- Working with Enterprise Metadata and Keywords Settings for List and Document library in SharePoint Online
- How to configure metadata navigation for document libraries in SharePoint Online?
- Different between SharePoint list and Document library
- SharePoint 2016/Online List View Auto Indexing Automatic Index Management
- How to sort folders in SharePoint document library?
- SharePoint 2013 How to Enable or Disable Delete Icon in Ribbon On List Item Selection
- SharePoint 2013 Filtering and sorting of List data using AngularJS and REST API
Hope this SharePoint tutorial helps, how to change the site collection default Welcome page in SharePoint.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)