How to Change Site Collection Administrators in SharePoint
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to change the site collection administrators in SharePoint through central administration. In the same way, we can change the site collection administrator in SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/2010.
Site collection administrators will receive any quota or auto-deletion notices and have full control over all content in the site collection.
Change site collection administrator SharePoint
To change this Open SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/2010 central administration. Then click on Application Management. Then under Site Collections click on “Change site collection administrators”.
This will open the SharePoint Site Collection Administrators page.
If the site collection to which you want to add an administrator is listed, select the URL of the site collection, and then click OK.
If the site collection is not listed, click the arrow next to the web application name, click Change Web Application, select the name of the web application that contains the site collection, select the URL of the site collection, and then click OK. Click on Change Collection Administrator under a Site collection.
In the primary site collection administrator or Secondary site collection administrator area, either type the name of the user whom you want to add by using the format domain\username or select the user by using the address book.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Change site collection title, description, logo, and site collection administrator in SharePoint
- How to Set Permissions in SharePoint Online/2013/2016 Site
- Self-Service Site Collection in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Confirm SharePoint 2013 Web site in use
- Create Site Collection and Subsite in SharePoint Online using PowerShell
- Delete and Restore Site Collection using PowerShell in SharePoint Online Office 365
- How to make SharePoint 2016 site read-only?
- SharePoint 2016 Fast Site Collection Creation using PowerShell
- How to change logo in SharePoint Site?
- How to make SharePoint 2013 site collection read-only and restrict delete?
- Enable blank site template SharePoint 2013/2016/2019
- SharePoint 2019/2016/2013: Create a web application and a Site Collection using PowerShell
- Backup and Restore Site collection in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010/2007
This tutorial, we learned how to change the site collection administrator from the SharePoint central administration page in SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/2010.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)