This SharePoint customization tutorial explains, how to change friendly format to standard format using our of box feature in SharePoint list. By default SharePoint list view date shows as 9 seconds ago, 10 minutes ago, etc like below:
Change SharePoint 2013 List Date Format from friendly format to Standard format
But we can show the list date in the classic format like created on 4/2/2015 3:52 AM etc. Then we can change from the column settings. Open the List Settings page then click on the “created” column and then in the Edit Column page select the Standard radio button in the Additional Column Settings page like below:
Now if you will open the list and see the Created column then the date will appear like below:
You may like following SharePoint list and document library tutorials:
- How to show/hide columns based on the value of SharePoint radio button
- Change column ordering in list forms in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- How to remove/hide default title column from SharePoint Online list (modern/Classic)
- Create a Survey in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016/2019
- Save site as template option missing in SharePoint online
- How to change list and library default experience in SharePoint online
- Different ways to hide/disable quick edit in a list in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Change default list view style using CSS in SharePoint Online/2016/2013
Hope this SharePoint tutorial explains, how to change SharePoint 2013 List Date Format from friendly format to Standard format.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.