This SharePoint 2010 designer workflow tutorial explains, how to change the due date for a task list in the SharePoint designer workflow. In SharePoint 2010 designer workflow by default due date comes as today’s date. But we need a due date to be today’s date + 7 days.
Change due date for Task list in SharePoint designer workflow
So below is the way you can change the due date.
Open the SharePoint site using SharePoint designer 2010 and then click on the workflows link from site objects and then select your workflow.
Then click on the Approval link as shown in the figure below:
Then from the Customization section, click on “Change the behavior of a single task” as shown in the fig below:
Go to the first part “Before a Task is Assigned” and there add one action. From Core Actions select “Add time to Date”. It should now look like below fig.
Now click on the minutes link and change that to days and then click on 0 link and add 7. Then click on the date link and then click on … button and then select Today.
The above step will add 7 days to the current date and assign it to a date variable. Now it should look like below:
Then add another action to set the due date field of the Task. From Actions, From Task Behaviour Actions section select Set Task Field.
In this Action click on the field link and select Due Date and then click on value. And click on fx. This will open the Lookup for Date and Time dialog box. There select Data source as Workflow Variables and Parameters. And Field from source as Variable: date.
Remember in the first action we added 7 days to this variable. So it should look like below:
Then click on Ok. So our action should look like below:
Now save and publish the workflow, the due date will come as today date + 7 days format. Similarly, you can also change other fields like Title etc.
You may like following SharePoint 2010 workflow tutorials:
- Create reusable workflow in SharePoint designer 2010 step by step
- The workflow is read-only. Would you like to make a copy of this workflow to open or edit error in SharePoint 2010 designer workflow
- Unable to add workflow actions in SharePoint 2010 designer workflow
- Build hyperlink inside email in SharePoint 2010 designer workflow
- Apply html to email template in SharePoint 2010 designer workflow
- Unable to load workflow actions from the server
- Impersonation step in SharePoint 2010 designer workflow
- SharePoint Designer 2010 Workflow Email Link To Edit Item or Display Item
- How to create HTML email message in SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow?
- Unable to load workflow actions from the server SharePoint designer 2010
- Delete list item after specific duration using SharePoint designer workflow
- How check if item modified by from list of people in SharePoint 2013 designer workflow?
- How to stop workflow in SharePoint before less than 1 min?
I hope this SharePoint 2010 workflow tutorial helps how to change task due date in the SharePoint task list in the SharePoint designer workflow.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.