Change column ordering in list forms in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint Online tutorial explains how to change the ordering of the columns for a list in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016.
We will how easily we can change column order in the list forms in SharePoint Online/2013/2016 like newform and editform.
Change column ordering in SharePoint
Follow the below steps to change the column order in SharePoint. The below list is a SharePoint Online modern list.
Step 1: Login to the SharePoint Online site -> Go the site content -> Open you custom list
Step 2: Click on the New Item to see the column order of the list in new form.
Step 3: In the above list Ph_no and Age are showing in order. Suppose someone wants to change the order of the column, then go to the List Settings.
Step 3: Next click on column order as per below screen shot.
Step 4: Next your list columns will appear in this page and you can change the order of the column based on your requirement. Next click on OK button.
Step 5: In the above step, I have changed my column order for Ph_no and Age. Please look into my list screenshot after order change.
You may like following SharePoint list and library tutorials:
- How to remove/hide default title column from SharePoint Online list (modern/Classic)
- Different ways to create auto increment column in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online list
- Create a Survey in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016/2019
- Different ways to hide/disable quick edit in a list in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Change default list view style using CSS in SharePoint Online/2016/2013
- How to display more than 3 views in SharePoint 2013/2016 list or document library
- Make Title field read-only using SPClientTempltes and JSLink in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint 2013 Read Outlook Emails and Add Email Content in SharePoint List
- Steps to hide SharePoint list item attach file button in SharePoint online
- How to open directly task list edit form in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint Online task list?
- Change the SharePoint List View into JQuery News Ticker Using JS Link CSR
- Save list as a template in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
Hope this SharePoint tutorial helps to know how to change the list column order in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.