In this post we will discuss how we can fix error “Cannot connect to configuration database” in SharePoint 2010.
When Microsoft users access SharePoint 2010, they come across a very common error i.e. “Cannot connect to the configuration database” which means that SharePoint is unable to synchronize with database and hence, end users cannot view it.
– Office 365 Document Deletion Policies in Office 365 SharePoint Online and how to create and implement document deletion policy in Site Collection
– Start a task process workflow action Nintex workflow for office 365 SharePoint Online
– Working with Content Type Hub in SharePoint 2013
Reason behind Error Occurrence:
Well there are many reasons due to which this configuration error occurs and some of them are:
– Internet connectivity may be lost between server databases.
– It may be due to SQL database not functioning properly.
– The installation of service pack of SQL server application is done improperly.
– The permissions may not be granted for accessing SQL Server database.
– New server has not been added to the domain of SharePoint 2010.
Solution for Fixing the Error
Before going through the procedure for resolving configuration error, first check whether following criteria is fulfilled or not:
– All permissions related to accessing SQL database are granted.
– Check and validate whether SQL database is in running mode.
– Microsoft SQL server to be accessed is not blocked by Firewall.
If above-mentioned criteria are not fulfilled, then we need to successfully fulfill these criteria first and check whether error still occurs or not. If occurrence of error continues, then go for the below-mentioned solution for fixing the error:
For connectivity between SharePoint and Microsoft SQL server database, check whether the status of SQL database is in running mode or not. If not then change its status to running mode, else continue with next step.
The internet connectivity of your machine must be proper and there should be accurate mapping in between the servers involved in it.
Check and Validate whether the Internet Information Service (IIS) manager of your PCs is not in isolation mode. However, if it is in isolation mode then remove it from that mode.
If the server is newly added to domain, then check whether it is configured properly or not by analyzing computer management of your machine.
After completing all above-mentioned steps and if error still occurs, then first uninstall the pre-installed service pack of SQL server and then again re-install it because the cause of this error maybe due to improper installation of service pack.
Here we can conclude with the fact that there are various reasons due to which ‘cannot connect to the configuration database’ error occurs in SharePoint 2010. Therefore, multiple solutions given in the content can be used to handle the situation.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.