This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains, how to solve “cannot complete this action as the Secure Store Shared Service is not responding. Please contact your administrator” error which comes while configuring Secure Store Service application in SharePoint 2013/2016.
Secure Store Service is a shared service that provides storage and mapping of credentials such as account names and passwords. It enables you to securely store data that provides credentials required for connecting to external systems and associating those credentials to a specific identity or group of identities.
Cannot complete this action as the Secure Store Shared Service is not responding
I was getting the below error when I click “Secure Store Service” after the successful creation of the “Secure Store Service Application”. The error comes as:
Cannot complete this action as the Secure Store Shared Service is not responding. Please contact your administrator.
After a great struggle and a lot of research, I found the solution.
Please follow the below steps to fix this issue:
Make sure that the “Security Token Service Application” service is running.
Start -> run – > Services.msc, find the service “Claims to Windows Token Service” and ensure that it is running.
The service account in the IIS Application pool must-have “Logon as Service” and “Logon as batch” rights granted. Verify them both.
Grant “FULL” control to “Farm Account” in the secure store service application. Go to: Central Administration -> Application Management -> Manage Service Applications -> Pick Secure Store Service -> Click On “Permission” in Ribbon -> Add your Farm account and set Full Control
Do an IISReset and the problem should be solved!
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Excel service to import external database using secure store connection in SharePoint
- How to retrieve term store data using .Net managed object model in SharePoint Online?
- SharePoint 2013 farm solution stuck retracting
- Recycle IIS Application pool: The local SharePoint server is not available
- The database engine instance you selected is not valid for this edition of reporting services
- Install and configure SQL server reporting services (SSRS) in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Data Refreshing issue Access Denied to Analysis services Database. Contact Administrator SharePoint Business Intelligence (BI) services
- Creating Excel without MS-Office Installation
- Delete Corrupted Service Applications in SharePoint 2013
- How to configure incoming and outgoing emails in SharePoint server 2013/2016
- User Profile service application in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Managed metadata service in SharePoint 2013/2016
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to fix error Cannot complete this action as the Secure Store Shared Service is not responding. Please contact your administrator error in SharePoint 2013/2016.
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.