This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains. how we can create a calendar overlay in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online.
Suppose you have a SharePoint 2013 calendar, then you can overlay another exchange or another SharePoint calendar to it which will give you a combined view of both. You can add a maximum of 4 exchange or SharePoint calendars.
Here we will discuss how we can overlay one SharePoint calendar with another SharePoint calendar.
First Create two SharePoint calendar:
Open your SharePoint site then click on Settings and then Add an App. Then from the Your Apps page, select the Calendar App template. Give a name and click on Add like below:
Similarly, create another calendar name (Team Meetings).
Now if you will visit the Site Contents page, you will see two calendars one is MyCalendar and another one is Team Meetings.
Create a SharePoint Calendar Overlay
Here through the overlay, I want to add Team meetings calendar to MyCalendar in SharePoint 2013/Online. So ultimately if I will open MyCalendar I will be able to see both calendar events.
You can add few events to both the calendars.
Open MyCalendar and then from the Ribbon click on
In the Calendar Overlay Settings page, Click on New Calendar link as shown in the fig below:
In the Calendar Overlay Settings page, Give a name for the calendar. Then select the type, here I have select SharePoint calendar. Then in the Web URL click on the Resolve button, it will then populate the other calendars you have created. Here we have only one calendar which is Team Meetings. Then click on OK. Your form should look like below:
Now if you open the first calendar then you will be able to see events from both the calendars. Here it is a different color.
You may like following SharePoint Calendar tutorials:
- Hide All Day Event Recurrence fields from a calendar in SharePoint 2013
- Create Calendar Overlays Using Single Calendar App in SharePoint 2013 Online
- Create Calendar Overlays Using Multiple Calendar Apps in SharePoint 2013 Online
- Change calendar event background color in SharePoint 2013
- Create Color coded calendar in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013 Online Remove Time from All Events Calendar view
- SharePoint Online Add Calendar Month Week and Day view as Hyperlink
- Display the Calendar Using Jquery Full Calendar and SharePoint Rest API
- Working with SharePoint Calendar in SharePoint 2016/2013/Online
- SharePoint Online Group Calendar Web Part Tutorial
Hope this SharePoint 2013 tutorial helps to use SharePoint calendar overlay.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.