In this post we will discuss some of the C#.Net basic interview questions and answers. Also you can check out:
– WCF interview questions and answers in C#.Net
– asp.net state management interview questions and answers
– Ado.Net interview questions in Asp.Net
1. What is C#.Net (C-Sharp)?
i. C# is a new language created by Microsoft and submitted to the ECMA for standardization.
ii. According Microsoft “C# is a modern, object-oriented language that enables programmers to quickly build a wide range of applications for the new Microsoft .Net platform, which provides tools and services that fully exploit both computing and communications.”
2. What are the characteristics of C#.Net?
C#.Net is designed for both computing and communication is characterized by several key features. It is –
3. What is BOXING and UNBOXING in C#.Net?
BOXING in C#.Net is the conversion of a VALUE type on stack to a OBJECT type on the heap. Vice-versa the conversion from an OBJECT type back to a VALUE type is known as UNBOXING and it requires type casting.
4. In how many ways you can create new copies of an existing string in C#.Net?
There are two ways:
i. Using overloaded = operator like strings2=s1;
ii. Using the static Copy method like – string s2 = string.Copy(s1);
5. In how many ways you can create new copies of an existing string in C#.Net?
There are two ways:
1. Using overloaded = operator like strings2=s1;
2. Using the static Copy method like – string s2 = string.Copy(s1);
6. Which collection class uses the unique key for the collection?
7. What is thread?
It is a process which executes independently.
8. Can interface have static member?
9. Can constructers have access specifier ?
10. How do I launch Internet Explorer in C#.Net?
using the statement – System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(“IExplore.exe”,http://www.google.com);
11. Is it possible to have a static indexer in C#.Net?
No, they are not allowed in C#.Net.
12. Are constructors inherited in C#.Net?
No, constructors are not inherited.
13. How is method overriding different from method overloading?
When overriding a method, you change the behavior of the method for the derived class.
Overloading a method simply involves having another method with the same name within the class.
14. Does C#.Net do array bounds checking?
Yes. An IndexOutOfRange exception is used to signal an error.
15. What happens in memory when you Box and Unbox a value-type?
Boxing converts a value-type to a reference-type, thus storing the object on the heap.
Unboxing converts a reference-type to a value-type, thus storing the value on the stack.
16. How do you convert a value-type to a reference-type?
By Using Boxing.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: