Through this SharePoint 2010 tutorial, we will discuss how to sort and group the blog post in blog site home page using a custom column in post list for SharePoint 2010. If you are new to a blog site, then you can read an article on how to create a blog site in SharePoint 2013?
Here I created the many blogs. Now I want to Sort my blog post using a custom column. For achieving this follow these steps:
1. Create the custom column in post list, I gave the name is Order by. See in fig
2. Now open your blog site in SharePoint designer 2010.
3. Edit homepage of your blog site. See in fig
4. Now click on display mode. See in fig
5. Now, you able to see List view Tools in Ribbon. Click on Sort & Group. See in fig
6. Here select your column name and Add for Sort order, you also choose Sort Properties like Ascending or Descending. See in fig I selected my custom column Order by
7. Now save and refresh your site in the browser. You able to see on Sort post.
Here we discussed how we can sort blog posts in SharePoint 2010 blog site home page using custom column.
-: FREE PDF e-Book Download :-
51 JSOM Examples in SharePoint Online