InfoPath is based on the Extensible Markup Language (XML) that can be easily designed and published. In this article I am going to explain in detail, how bind Infopath form dropdown List with SharePoint List and Save the data in SharePoint repository.
Use the following procedure to create a sample.
- Create a List Region and add some entries as below.
- To start open the InfoPath designer and select blank form.
- Design the form as below.
- Select the Region Dropdownlist control.
- On the Control Tools Properties tab, click Control Properties.
- On the Data tab, in List box choices, select Get Choices from an external source.
- Click the Add button.
- Click Next, keeping the default options in the first page of the wizard.
- Select SharePoint library or list, and then click Next.
- Type in the SharePoint site URL, http://<SiteUrl> and then click Next.
- Provide credentials if asked.
- Select the Region list, and then click Next.
- Select the Title check box in the fields list (you do not need the other fields in this form), and then click Next.
- On the following page of the wizard, click Next.
- Click Finish on the final page of the wizard.
- Click Apply then OK
- Now Publish the form.
- In my case I have published the form in the EmployeeInformation Form library.
- When you open the form the form will show the dropdown as below.
- Add an entry to the form as below.
- Entries in the Form Library are displayed as below.
In this article I have explained how to create an InfoPath and get a record in the InfoPath dropdown list from the SharePoint List.v
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: