This InfoPath SharePoint tutorial explains, how to bind Infopath form dropdown List with SharePoint 2010 List and Save the data in SharePoint repository. InfoPath is based on the Extensible Markup Language (XML) that can be easily designed and published.
Use the following procedure to create a sample.
- Create a SharePoint 2010 List Region and add some entries as below.
- To start open the InfoPath designer and select a blank form.
- Design the InfoPath form as below.
- Select the Region Dropdownlist control.
- On the Control Tools Properties tab, click Control Properties.
- On the Data tab, in List box choices, select Get Choices from an external source.
- Click the Add button.
- Click Next, keeping the default options in the first page of the wizard.
- Select SharePoint library or list, and then click Next.
- Type in the SharePoint site URL, http://<SiteUrl> and then click Next.
- Provide credentials if asked.
- Select the Region list, and then click Next.
- Select Title checkbox in the fields list (you do not need the other fields in this form), and then click Next.
- On the following page of the wizard, click Next.
- Click Finish on the final page of the wizard.
- Click Apply then OK
- Now Publish the form.
- In my case, I have published the form in the EmployeeInformation Form library.
- When you open the form the form will show the dropdown as below.
- Add an entry to the form as below.
- Entries in the Form Library are displayed as below.
You may like following InfoPath SharePoint tutorials:
- InfoPath 2013 show hide section using Rules in SharePoint online
- Limit attachment size in InfoPath 2013 SharePoint online
- InfoPath 2013 multiple attachments
- How to show calculated date in a field in Infopath SharePoint 2010?
- Ruel Inspector in InfoPath SharePoint 2010
- Populate profile properties in InfoPath in SharePoint 2010
- Option button in InfoPath 2010 in SharePoint 2010
- Change different view in InfoPath based on certain condition
- Auto-populate InfoPath 2010 people picker control in SharePoint 2010
In this article, I have explained how to create an InfoPath and get a record in the InfoPath dropdown list from the SharePoint List. How can we bind the dropdown list from a SharePoint 2010 list in InfoPath 2010?
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Tutorials: