InfoPath is based on the Extensible Markup Language (XML) that can be easily designed and published. In this article I am going to explain in detail, how bind Infopath form dropdown List with SharePoint List and Save the data in SharePoint repository.
Use the following procedure to create a sample.
- Create a List Region and add some entries as below.
- To start open the InfoPath designer and select blank form.
- Design the form as below.
- Select the Region Dropdownlist control.
- On the Control Tools Properties tab, click Control Properties.
- On the Data tab, in List box choices, select Get Choices from an external source.
- Click the Add button.
- Click Next, keeping the default options in the first page of the wizard.
- Select SharePoint library or list, and then click Next.
- Type in the SharePoint site URL, http://<SiteUrl> and then click Next.
- Provide credentials if asked.
- Select the Region list, and then click Next.
- Select the Title check box in the fields list (you do not need the other fields in this form), and then click Next.
- On the following page of the wizard, click Next.
- Click Finish on the final page of the wizard.
- Click Apply then OK
- Now Publish the form.
- In my case I have published the form in the EmployeeInformation Form library.
- When you open the form the form will show the dropdown as below.
- Add an entry to the form as below.
- Entries in the Form Library are displayed as below.
In this article I have explained how to create an InfoPath and get a record in the InfoPath dropdown list from the SharePoint List.v
-: FREE PDF e-Book Download :-
51 JSOM Examples in SharePoint Online
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: