We had come across with requirement for one of the projects where the application was completely moved to Azure. The application had many video file reference which was earlier maintained in on-premise Server and there was lots of performance issue client was facing.
The application was used globally and performance was a big concern. We have multiple ways to handle the scenario and provide a solution.
We recommended implementation approach with Azure Blob and Azure CDN.
So let’s talk more in details.
We usually recommend to use Azure Blob storage for storing large amounts of unstructured data (e.g. – video, audio, images, documents etc.). We can store the data publicly or privately as well.
Let’s understand Blob components which include a storage account, container, and blob.
– We definitely need Azure storage account (standard and premium) which will be used to store and access data objects. It also gives you storage services which include files, tables, blobs, azure virtual machine disk, and queues.
– Next is Container which will be used to keep an unlimited number of blobs and we can unlimited number of a container with our storage account.
– The final component is blob which is file type and provided below types of a blob.
– Page Blobs – used for high speed read/write operation.
– Block Blobs – used to store text, documents, and media files.
– Append Blobs – Optimized blocks used to make the operation efficient.
The further code needs to be written to create a storage account, container (one or many) and upload a blob to the respective container.
I have already posted an understanding of Azure CDN and its use. For our solution, we used CDN for better performance.
Create CDN profile and CDN endpoint based on your application geographic need.
So your Azure storage account is integrated with Azure CDN to provide better performance for media files.
Also read some SharePoint tutorials:
- Disable list or libraries to appear in search result SharePoint Online Office 365
- Create Azure Storage using PowerShell and upload video file
- Copy blobs from one storage container to another storage Container in Microsoft Azure
- Download Blobs from Azure Container using PowerShell
- Upload large files to SharePoint online document library using PowerShell csom
- Document Sets in SharePoint 2013
Hope this will be helpful.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: