In this post, we will discuss how we can auto-populate people picker control in Nintex forms in SharePoint online office 365. If you are new to Nintex then you can follow a good article to start working in Nintex forms Working with Nintex Forms for Office 365.
In this particular example, I am working with a list which is already customized using Nintex Forms. In that particular list, I have added on People picker control column. Then from the list, go to the Ribbon and Clik on Nintex Forms to customize the list form using Nintex.
In the Nintex Form Designer, first, drag and drop a People control into the form. Then in the Properties box from Settings section, choose the column name in the Connected to drop-down list.
Then click on More Settings which will open the Control Settings dialog box. From the General section, click on Default value which will open Formulas and Functions. Nintex provides various functions among which 3 are related to Name, Email ID & Login ID.
Current User (Display Name): This will populate the display name of the current user.
Current User (Email): This populates the email id of the current user.
Current User (Login ID): This will populate the Login ID of the current user.
For this particular example, I have used Current User (Display Name) which looks like below:
Now you can publish the form from the InfoPath designer. When you will try to add an item to the list, you will be able to see the current user’s display name will auto-populate like below:
You may like following Nintex forms for Office 365 tutorials:
- Steps to create column in Nintex forms designer in Office 365 SharePoint Online
- How to use Repeating Section in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint online?
- How to change Nintex Forms header banner in SharePoint Online Office 365?
- How to apply rules in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint online?
- How to reset to out of box list forms from Nintex Forms customization in SharePoint Online
- How to implement mandatory field validation in Nintex forms in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online?
- Steps to show cascading dropdown in Nintex Forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online
- How to implement validation rules by condition in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online?
- Add different layouts into Nintex forms in Office 365 SharePoint Online
- How to design multiple step forms using Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online?
- How to set a default value for lookup column in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint online?
This Nintex Forms for Office 365 tutorial explained how to auto-populate current username in people picker in SharePoint Online Office 365 Nintex forms.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com