1. You create all user in the active directory include manager also as a user.
2. Assign manager id to user id in the ad. Manager entry field is found under organization in user details sections. See in fig
3. After this login to SharePoint site as a user.
4. After this go to the SharePoint administrator site and here find
Central Administrator -> Application management -> service application -> user profile service application -> People (manage user profile). see in fig
5. After this enter your user name and find your name below and click that user name and edit this user.
6. Now in edit user profile, you find manager field and now you assign that manager for this user.
7. After this you also able to find the manager by a workflow.
-: FREE PDF e-Book Download :-
51 JSOM Examples in SharePoint Online
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials:
About Navneet Singh
I am Navneet Singh, Working at C3it software solutions pvt. ltd. in Pune. My core skills are SharePoint 2013, Office 365, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Designer, SharePoint Designer Workflow, Nintex Workflow, Infopath, Webpart, CSOM/SSOM, Power-shell, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server.
Your FREESharePoint Online Ebook is on its way to your Email Inbox. **************** You will get notification on FREE SharePoint online training, SharePoint webinars, Video Tutorial & also latest FREE PDF tutorials