Hi folks today we will see how to resolve problem related to “OfficeDevPnP.Core.Entities” dll. Sometimes the dll we are using has version related issues as shown below error.
The error looks like below:
Assemby ‘OfficeDevPnp.Core’ with identity ‘OfficeDevPnp.Core, Version=2.15.1705.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3751622786b357c2’ uses ‘Microsoft.SharePoint.Client, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c’ which has a higher version than referenced assembly ‘Microsoft.SharePoint.Client’ with identity ‘Microsoft.SharePoint.Client, Version=126.96.36.199, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c’
To resolve this we need to get the latest dll from the NuGet Package Manager. Please follow below steps to achieve the same.
Open visual studio 2015 and then go to Tools -> NuGet Package Manager -> Manage NuGet Packages for Solution….
Then in the NuGet Package Manager, search for pnp. And then add the SharePointPnPCore2016 version like below.
Read some sharepoint online tutorials:
- Auto-populate current user name in people picker in SharePoint Online Office 365 Nintex forms
- Auto-populate current logged in user name in SharePoint 2010 People Picker control using SPServices
- Autocomplete feature in SharePoint 2013 list column using SPServices in SharePoint 2013
- Attempted to use an object that has ceased to exist SharePoint 2013
- Attach or detach content databases in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Bind InfoPath 2010 Dropdown List With SharePoint 2010 List
- Bind SharePoint list data using jQuery datatable using content search web part in SharePoint
- Bind SharePoint list items to dropdownlist using Rest api and jQuery
- Bulk update SharePoint list items programmatically jsom
- Business Data Connectivity connectors are currently enabled in a partitioned environment error in SharePoint
- By default the Build Dynamic String action is not available in SharePoint Designer 2010
- Calculate Age in Year in InfoPath Form in SharePoint 2013/2010
- Calculate the difference between two dates Excluding Weekend and Holiday date in SharePoint
- Calendar Overlay in SharePoint 2013
- Give jQuery Reference in SharePoint master page or in Application Page
Now when you rebuild the solution, the conflict error will not come.
Bhawana Rathore is a Microsoft MVP (3 times in Office Apps & Services) and a passionate SharePoint Consultant, having around 10 years of IT experience in the industry, as well as in .Net technologies. She likes to share her technical expertise in EnjoySharePoint.com and SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.